Justin Reads Leo Tolstoy

In which Justin reads Lev Tolstoy Part of the "Justin Reads" Webring. Go to www.justinkahn.com for more information on this webring as well as the occasional contest.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tolstoy on the Creative Process

Tolsto writes about his creative process:
‘along with serious philosophical thoughts, I often caught myself suddenly thinking: ‘I hope someone will not take and eat my orange’

A lot of people are wondering why my storm of genius simmered down on this blog.

I was thinking about the well being of my oranges.

But be not afraid. As you can see from Leo, this is perfectly natural.

The profundities will resume.

1 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the well being of oranges ... what deep 'profundity' can you draw from that? :)

you seem to enjoy reading outside of what you study - or teach ...

good for you.

btw, Tolstoy is marvelous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home